Almost swallowed a Quahog Pearl

by Lynn
(North Kingstown,R.I.)

Quahog pearl

Quahog pearl

My husband had gone "quahogging" one Saturday and brought home a couple of bushels to share with friends. After we had steamed them we sat around the fire with butter and clams. I felt something hard hit my throat and it scared me. I stood up gave a loud cough and the pearl flew right into my husbands glass of beer. We still laugh about it.

Comments for Almost swallowed a Quahog Pearl

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Apr 12, 2010
by: Kari

Hello Lynn,

That is very funny. I suppose you could have lost the pearl if it didn't land in the glass. I wonder what the chances are of it landing where it did. Lucky you, first to find the pearl and then to not loose it. Glad you didn't choke or swallow it.

Thanks for sharing your story and great photo.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Quahog pearls.