Almost Ate A Quahog Pearl!

I was at a raw bar in Boston, around the year 2000. I ate a raw quahog and almost choked on something. It was a dark

purple pearl. I'm from R.I. and have eaten raw quahogs all
my life and had never even heard of one! So I saved it,
thinking I would show it to a marine biologist...I never did, but I have since found out that they are indeed rare, but not "unheard of" as I thought.

Comments for Almost Ate A Quahog Pearl!

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Jul 03, 2013
Heimlich Not Needed
by: Chris Rogers

I'm so glad you didn't choke on your treasure!! I think that 'found' pearls are the most fun of all; they just seem to add a spark of luck to an otherwise ordinary day.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Quahog pearls.

Enjoy this page? Please pay it forward. Here's how...

Would you prefer to share this page with others by linking to it?

  1. Click on the HTML link code below.
  2. Copy and paste it, adding a note of your own, into your blog, a Web page, forums, a blog comment, your Facebook account, or anywhere that someone would find this page valuable.